Precision Gage & Tool Co. provides AAR railroad gauges, including Rule 1 gauges from the AAR field manual, for in stock availability check our online shop here or by calling (937) 866-9666 or send us an email at email@example.com.
AAR and Rule 1 Railroad Gages
- Long Form Certification is provided at no additional cost for all new railroad gauges sold by PG&T that require certification.
- AAR Rule 1 gauges and rail gauges meet AAR specifications
- Coupler gauges including 44057, 44250-3, 47120-2 and 36527-3
- Railroad gauge certification capabilities include tape measures, torque wrenches, torque testers, pressure gauges, electronic gauges, standard measuring tools and all railroad gauges to meet AAR specifications
Gage certification is the foundation of a railroad gauge surveillance program. Gage surveillance is simply an orderly system of keeping records on railroad gauge wear. PG&T supplies long form certification for new gauges and masters. Each receives a dedicated I.D. number. An assigned PG&T number will be used if a number or other type of mark is not designated or requested at the time of purchase.
Long Form Certification
- Long form certification certifies the actual measurement of all specific critical dimensions and critical characteristics for a particular railroad gauge.
- One railroad gauge per long form certification. (See certification marking).
- This certification also provides certification of N.I.S.T trace-ability
The certification document prepared for these items includes the following:
- Name and address of organization providing the certification
- Customer name (company and or person) and company address
- Control number, unique to the railroad gauge
- Description of the gauge
- Description of measurement and test equipment used to perform calibration Certification date
- Gage certification date
- Calibration interval (If desired by customer)
- Identification of calibration procedure/method used
- Assigned certification value(s) and critical characteristics when applicable
- Certification uncertainty or reference to specification, drawing, or other document specifying tolerance limits
- Applicable corrections
- Special use limitations or certifications status, when applicable
- Identification of person performing calibration/certification
- Identification of person authorized to review and approve validity of certification
Important Facts About Railroad Gauge Hardness
A railroad gauge that is softer than the part it gauges or measures, may fail. After multiple applications a soft steel gauge may become nicked, distorted and worn out. For maximum wear life, our railroad gauges are made from the highest quality materials. You’ll always have a greater payback with Precision Gage & Tool.