Precision Gage & Tool Co. provides AAR railroad gauges, including Rule 1 gauges from the AAR field manual, for in stock availability check our online shop here or by calling (937) 866-9666 or send us an email at email@example.com.
AAR and Rule 1 Railroad Gages
- Long Form Certification is provided at no additional cost for all new railroad gauges sold by PG&T that require certification.
- Rule 1 gauges and AAR rail gauges meet AAR specifications
- Coupler gauges including 44057, 44250-3, 47120-2 and 36527-3
- Gauge certification capabilities include tape measures, torque wrenches, torque testers, pressure gauges, electronic gauges, standard measuring tools and all railroad gauges to meet AAR specifications
Precision Gage & Tool Co. is a member of the Association of American Railroads (AAR). We use the AAR Manual of Standards and Recommended Practices (MSRP) as a base reference. Gauges shown in the MSRP are listed in our catalog by gauge number. Precision Gage & Tool Co. (PG&T) gage numbers are listed as an aid to help you identify your needs when ordering. Current gauge pricing and availability are shown in our online shop. Please call PG&T Railroad Sales Department at (937) 866-9666 if you have any questions.
Gage certification is the foundation of a gage surveillance program. Gage surveillance is simply an orderly system of keeping records on gages and gage wear. PG&T supplies long form certification for new gages and masters. Each gage receives a dedicated I.D. number. An assigned PG&T number will be used if a number or other type of mark is not designated or requested at the time of purchase.
Sometimes a customer’s gage is found to be out of tolerance. A customer is give the option to purchase a new gage or have their gage repaired or corrected where applicable.
If the customer chooses not to repair their gage or their gage is deemed too costly to repair, the gage is returned to the customer with an inspection report . Gages returned in these instances are not re-certified.
Long Form Certification
- Long form certification certifies the actual measurement of all specific critical dimensions and critical characteristics for a particular gage.
- One gage per long form certification. (See certification marking).
- This certification also provides certification of NIST* trace-ability
The certification document prepared for these items includes the following:
- Name and address of organization providing the certification
- Customer name (company and or person) and company address
- Control number, unique to the gage
- Description of gage
- Description of measurement and test equipment used to perform calibration Certification date
- Certification date
- Calibration interval (If desired by customer)
- Identification of calibration procedure/method used
- Assigned certification value(s) and critical characteristics when applicable
- Certification uncertainty or reference to specification, drawing, or other document specifying tolerance limits
- Applicable corrections
- Special use limitations or certifications status, when applicable
- Identification of person performing calibration/certification
- Identification of person authorized to review and approve validity of certification
Custom Railroad Gages and Other Gages
We build to your print custom gage for you. We will work with your engineers to finalize and then manufacture custom rail gage designs. Precision Gage & Tool also provides:
- Non-standard Gages
- Custom Gages
- Master Discs
- Master Rings
- Micrometer Standards
Important Facts About Gage Hardness
A gage that is softer than the part it gages may fail. After multiple applications a “too soft” steel gage may become nicked, distorted and worn out. For maximum wear life, PG&T gages are made from the highest quality materials. You’ll always have a greater payback with PG&T.